Sunday, January 24, 2010

reBlog from humancapitalleague.com: Why Al Gore Shouldn’t Be This Year’s SHRM Annual Keynote Speaker

BERLIN - OCTOBER 23:  German Chancellor Angela...Image by Getty Images via Daylife


Michael VanDervort invited me to take the opposition view to the announcement that SHRM is hosting Al Gore as the keynote speaker this summer at the annual conference. He posted my article yesterday on his site www.thehumanracehorses.com. And it's since been picked up by other sites. The Human Capital League is one of them. Here it is:



It’s been a few days now since SHRM proudly announced that Al Gore will be this year’s keynote speaker in San Diego.  And my mind is still swinging so wildly from befuddlement (in the benign moments) to outright outrage (in moments of clarity) that I’m having a really hard time focusing on my work. Since a large part of my work is writing (specifically writing about HR), I’m thinking that if I get it out of my system this way, I can return to more pressing matters at hand. But then again, maybe this exercise will put me in an even bigger (I just typed, “bitter,” Freudian?) swivet.  I guess time will tell.humancapitalleague.com, Why Al Gore Shouldn’t Be This Year’s SHRM Annual Keynote Speaker, Jan 2010



In the ensuing article, I list a large number of reasons why I think it's a really bad idea.


No comments: